Mid-Cape Home Centers Updates and Announcements
Getting Through This Together…
The health and safety of our team and customers remains our priority. Here are the latest updates:
A Note From The President
To our Mid-Cape Team, a very heartfelt, THANK YOU. Your hard work over this past week has been nothing short of admirable. I have not only seen this work first hand, but I hear stories from all locations and departments of the incredible teamwork taking place. Please continue to be safe, vigilant and know that no one’s hard work is going unnoticed.
To our Valued Customers, thank you for standing with us. As our sector has been deemed essential by Governor Baker, we felt it was necessary to adapt via a short term business model. I understand that no cash and curbside pickups or delivery only is a significant disruption, but it is one we felt was the best way to protect our team, our customers, and allow us to continue to serve our communities and partners who mean so much to us. So again, thank you for standing by us through these temporary, yet drastic changes. You, the tradespeople, are such a vital part of our economy and we are proud to be here to serve you.
I am looking forward to restored normalcy and getting back to celebrating our 125th year of business in proper fashion with all of you. If there is anything you feel we can do better; please feel free to reach out to me at any time by email,
JStevenson@MidCape.net or my direct line, 508-760-4420.
Thank you all,
MOST RECENT UPDATE:
We Made it through WEEK ONE!
We have managed to overcome what seemed to be the most quickly evolving, unpredictable week in Mid-Cape History, and we love you for it!
Call-In Orders: Our Call-in order service has been running smoothly since its launch. We have filled HUNDREDS of orders using this service and are extremely proud of all involved.
Deliveries: Our turn around time for trucks has always been impressive, but this past week has been out of this world. We are loading and delivering faster than ever and not speeding to do so, either!
Online Chat: Thank you to the customers reaching out through this channel and to the team that has been promptly answering questions and TAKING ORDERS. We appreciate you!
Deliveries to Martha’s Vineyard Temporarily On Hold
Mid-Cape Home Centers plans to follow the Martha’s Vineyard Builders Association request to put a hold on supply shipments coming from Cape Cod to the Island. We have ceased shipping until April 7th and will promptly inform you if this date changes. We feel that this is the most responsible decision possible. To read more about the Martha’s Vineyard Builders Association Action, please click the link below.
For the purpose of social distancing and the health and safety of all, we are changing our hours at certain locations. Please see the following updates to our hours below.
SOUTH DENNIS, ORLEANS & WELLFLEET
SATURDAY 7:00 am – 1:00pm
All other locations will be operating on normal schedules.
Please view the locations and hours page on our website for any questions.
REMINDER: Effective Tomorrow 3/25, Call-in and Delivery ONLY
In this time of uncertainty, we are working night and day to implement procedures and practices that will allow for our doors to stay open, our team members and customers to keep safe, and all of us to get through this together…
Updates Regarding Massachusetts Order
In wake of the most recent Executive Order put in place by Governor Charlie Baker, Mid-Cape Home Centers is to remain OPEN and operational under strict guidelines provided by the CDC and Local Governments. Mid-Cape has been deemed an essential business within our local economy and will continue to serve our community.
With that being said, Mid-Cape Home Centers will exhibit no shortage of safety precautions during this time. Effective Wednesday 3/25, a call-in only order service will be put in place to limit the number of customers and employees on the grounds at any given time. Our showrooms will only be open on an appointment-only basis. This process will allow for minimum contact as well as ample time for proper cleaning to take place.
While we are an essential business, and plan to honor our responsibility to our community by staying open, it is important to note that we are continuing to modify our procedures to most safely serve our staff and customers. Please keep in mind that any and all changes are with your best interest in mind. Regarding our temporary call-in only order system, more information will be given as soon as possible. In the meantime, please contact your nearest Mid-Cape location with any questions or concerns.
Please see the following message from HB&RAAC
Governor Baker issued a new Executive Order this morning effective Tuesday, March 24. Closing non-essential businesses to the public with the exceptions of businesses who provide an essential service. https://www.mass.gov/doc/march-23-2020-essential-services-and-revised-gatherings-order/download.
This Executive Order designates Construction as an essential service. In the following the Executive Order, Governor Baker issued a list of essential businesses and activities that are considered essential and exempt from closing its operations. This includes: “Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)” and also “Commercial retail stores that supply essential sectors, including convenience stores, pet supply stores, auto supplies and repair, hardware and home improvement, and home appliance retailers” https://www.mass.gov/doc/covid-19-essential-services/download.
Updates for 3/22/20
At this current time, we remain OPEN in accordance with the federal and local governments. We have an oath of transparency with our customers and we will continue to exhibit that by providing you with any information relevant to the operation of your business.
Like you, we are operating under unprecedented circumstances and ask for your patience as we modify processes to fit the ever-changing environment we all find ourselves in.
Updates as we enter the week of 3/23/20:
- We continue to encourage call-in orders. Call in your order prior to pick up!
- Within our intensified efforts to minimize contact and comply with social distancing, we are diligently working to make this process more efficient and will have additional enhancements in the next few days. For now, please reach out to your outside sales representative, contact the location nearest you, or use our online chat feature. Visit our locations and hours page here
- We are taking additional steps to maintain our high level of service, while maintaining the safety of all parties across our locations.
- This may cause some disruption to your normal routine, and we ask that you demonstrate understanding and compassion for everyone’s health.
- All kitchen field measures will be put on hold at this time. We will resume this part of the kitchen design process as soon as it becomes safe for our designers to enter existing, occupied homes again.
- In high traffic areas, we have been using, and will continue to use, a disinfectant fog machine to further intensify the level of cleaning across our locations.
- Deliveries remain in high demand. Know that our team is working incredibly hard under never-before-seen conditions in order to meet your needs.
- Our team continues to press on as we come together and remain optimistic that we will all emerge stronger from this.
- In this sensitive time we ask that you continue to respect every one’s decisions on their social distancing boundaries.
As we enter a new week with many short-term uncertainties still looming, we wanted to share some of the positive actions that our local Home Builders and Remodeler’s Association (HB&RACC) is taking for all of us. Earlier today they sent out the below message with updates on their advocating for your livelihood:
Visit the HB&RACC website here.
Update 3/21: All Mid-Cape locations continue to operate during regular business hours. Please exercise patience as our team takes extreme precautions and takes the necessary actions to adapt to the current situation.
On Sunday, 3/22/20, the Orleans Showroom will be closed to the public. South Dennis will remain open regular business hours.
While we are continuing to deliver, and plan to as long as possible, we ask for your cooperation and understanding. We will deliver to any and all job sites, however, your coordination with the homeowner is required when it comes to existing homes.
Remodeling jobs/existing homes: For the safety of all parties, our team cannot enter occupied homes at this time. Product will be delivered and unloaded at the site, and the contractor and homeowner must take it from there.
New construction: At this time, product will be unloaded and placed upon the discretion of the delivery driver. No contact remains a necessity.
Limit In-Person Exchanges
While we continue to stay open, we politely ask that whenever possible please call, email, or online chat with us. This includes requests for orders, quotes and any other business matters that can be accomplished without coming into a store. We love seeing you all, but these are unusual times and it is in everyone’s best interest that we minimize person-to-person interaction right now.
Our suppliers continue to deliver daily and we have ample inventory. We are all monitoring the situation on a daily basis and making adjustments as needed. Imports from Canada are currently unaffected, which allows for an open channel for many products. Mills continue to produce steadily, ensuring sufficient product availability for the near future.
Update 3/17: Mid-Cape is up and running. The following are some of the additional precautions we are taking to keep our team and customers safe.
- We have issued Personal Protective Equipment to employees whose jobs require it.
- According to CDC guidelines, we have upgraded our cleaning routine as well as the chemicals being used.
- Several more hand sanitizer stations have been installed at each Mid-Cape location.
- Encouraging social distancing through the use of our online chat and call in ahead for orders.
Please let us know how we can help you and your business
3/15/20: Mid-Cape is Open and Taking Precautions
For 125 years, Mid-Cape has its partners & customers, employees, and local community to thank. As we are all faced with some short-term uncertainties, we know one thing is for certain: Cape Cod, the Islands, and all of Southeast Massachusetts will remain a beautiful, flourishing place to live, work, and visit.
We realize that the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation temporarily presents many obstacles to our way of life. We are monitoring developments closely, and taking guidance and information from the experts at the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), and WHO (World Health Organization).
Mid-Cape remains open and committed to you, as we put the health and well-being of our team and customers first. Our core values of safety and doing the right thing continue to drive the actions of our team. Some of the precautions we are taking at this time include:
- Encouraging thorough hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, as well as regular use of hand sanitizer.
- Making more hand sanitizer stations readily available throughout our locations for both employees and customers.
- Increased cleaning frequency of our facilities, with cleaning supplies readily available across all work spaces.
- Requiring employees stay home when sick, or after contact with anyone that tests positive, as well as sending home anyone that shows respiratory symptoms or fever.
- Utilizing conference calls instead of holding face-to-face group meetings.
- Rescheduling our employee 125th Anniversary Celebration.
- Rescheduling customer events, and scheduling new events 30+ days out.
- With most schools and daycares closing, many of our teammates find themselves juggling with childcare. We are working with them to accommodate for childcare, and being flexible when parents need to conduct work remotely. As of today, we are not expecting any major service interruptions. This could change, however know that it is our goal to also help keep your businesses and the local business economy healthy.
This is not a situation that we, or anyone, should be taking lightly.
We will continue to stay abreast of the situation and take the proper actions. If you have questions at any time don’t hesitate to contact your Mid-Cape rep, call your nearest location directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or live chat through our website with one of our representatives. For a full list of our locations and hours, click here.
In order to stay up-to-date on the latest developments regarding our response to the current challenges, please subscribe to our email list through our website and continue to check this page. Check back here for live updates.